Wednesday 14 February 2018



I open my eyes, and yours look back at me.
Icy blue hues clear enough to see the reflection of my own.
The sound of your heart beating, close to mine. 
Your skin, pressed against mine.
your lips clashing with mine.
In this moment, I know that you're mine.

And I know we will be together forever.

Forever...

And as the moon replaces the sun, 
and the lights around us are replaced by the stars.
Our eyes meet a last time,
before we lay down to drown in our dreams.

And I know you will be there when I wake.
I know, because you hold my heart.
And I know you would never break it.
For the first time in centuries, my eyes feel heavy.
And the last thing I see is your face.
And I know that I am home.

That we are home.

And so, I drift in the land of dreams.
Like so many mortals do each night.
I walk with them, but for the first time...
Their lives do not attract me.
Because I know you are there beside me.
And I don't need anyone else.

You and me forever.

Forever...

And as dawn arose, I open my eyes, 
And yours look back at me... 
until they fade away
For you are not there.

We are forever.

We were forever.

But forever has ended.

For you are not there

I know we would be together forever, 
If only you were here.
You took my heart, and did what I knew you wouldn't.
And now, even without a heart. 
You will forever haunt my dreams,
You took away the ghosts from my dreams
But you took their place.

And now you will be with me forever.

Forever...

Because I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment